Monday 28 October 2013

Autumnal Writing Prompts

Autumn is such a rich time of year - the colours, the smells, the sounds of leaves crunching underfoot . . .

. . . all make it such a great season to write about.

So, if you fancy giving your poetry or prose an autumnal flavour, choose one of the writing prompts below to inspire you:

Title Prompt

'Spiced Apples and Bonfires'


Picture Prompt





Opening Line Prompt

Every Halloween it was the same. Every Halloween she hoped . . .


Musical Prompt





Smell Prompt

Freshly baked gingerbread 


Picture Prompt





Quotation Prompt

'Aprils have never meant much to me, autumns seem that season of beginning, spring.' Truman Capote



I hope you find the above prompts useful.

I hope they inspire you to paint some beautiful autumnal moments with your words.

And I would love to see the results, so please feel free to send them to me or post them in the comments below . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment